Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction:
- 2 Ingredients:
- 3 How to take it: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- 4 Side effects : MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- 5 Drug Interactions: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- 6 Uses: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- 7 Mechanism of action: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- 8 Contraindications: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- 9 Storage: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
Valium 10mg × 1500
- Chemical Class:-Benzodiazepine Derivative
- Habit Forming:-Yes
- Therapeutic Class:-NEURO CNS
- Action Class:-Benzodiazepines
Valium 10mg Tablet is prescribed to treat problems like apprehension and short term anxiety. It is also employed in treatment of acute alcohol withdrawal, to relieve muscle twitching and for seizures.
In addition to the active ingredient diazepam, each tablet contains the following inactive ingredients: anhydrous lactose, corn starch, pregelatinized starch and calcium stearate and some dyes.
How to take it: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Valium 10mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Valium 10mg Tablets may be taken with or without food.However, take it at the same time each day as this helps to maintain a consistent level of medicine in the body.
Side effects : MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
This medicine may cause
- weight gain
- Daytime drowsiness
- Feeling sleepy (sedation)
- Unsteadiness, or dizziness
- Shaky hands or tremors
- Uncoordinated movements.
Drug Interactions: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
Valium tablet interacts with antiepileptic medicines (e.g. carbamazepine, fluvoxamine), anti-HIV drugs (e.g. amprenavir, ritonavir), acidity medicine (e.g. cimetidine), pills to treat chronic alcoholism (e.g. disulfiram), antibiotics (e.g. rifampicin), anti-Parkinson’s drug (e.g. levodopa), and asthma drugs (e.g. theophylline). Besides this, central nervous system depressant drugs and opioid analgesics or pain killers should be avoided with Valium 10Mg Tablet 10’s as they may cause life-threatening conditions.
Uses: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
- Short term anxiety:- it is used to treat anxiety, apprehension and conditions which are triggered because of stressful situations but for a short time period eg because of exams, performance pressure.Stopping suddenly can cause serious problems.
- Alcohol withdrawal:- this drug helps in treatment of patients who are addicted to alcohol and face seizures on its withdrawal.
- Muscle spasm:-
Valium tablets are effective in relieving muscle twitching, thereby improving muscle movement. Take it as prescribed by the doctor to get the most benefit.
Valium 10mg Tablet slows down conduction of signals in the brain which cause fits and seizures.
- Preoperative anxiety
- Chemotherapy associated nausea and vomiting.
- Seizure attacks and fits.
- Temporary insomnia
Mechanism of action: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
Valium belongs to the class of benzodiazepines. Its work is to increase the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which decreases the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Valium also contains Diazepam, which increases the level of (neurons) calming chemical, known as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), in your brain that helps to relieve apprehension and stop seizures, and attacks (fits).
Contraindications: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
Valium tablets are contraindicated in patients of:-
- Myasthenia gravis
- severe respiratory insufficiency
- severe hepatic insufficiency
- sleep apnea syndrome.
Storage: MSJ Valium 10mg x 1500
Store VALIUM in a tightly closed container between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) and out of the light. Keep it out of reach from children.