Mesterolone 25 mg× 50 tablets.
Table of Contents
PROVIRON 25MG X 50.
It is a tablet which is taken to improve male infertility, and hypogonadism. It is this administered by those who possess lower testosterone production. Its intake does not depend on the presence or absence of food. But it’s generally advised to take it at the same time daily. It causes various side effects such as gynaecomastia, oily skin prone to acne , headache, migraine , nausea , vomiting etc. It should be swallowed as a whole.
Uses: PROVIRON 25MG X 50.
Hypogonadism: in hypogonadism the body is deficient of male sex hormone testosterone. It increases the level of testosterone on the body and also counteracts symptoms such as low sex drive, tiredness and mood disturbances.
To treat male sterility or impotence.
To counteract Androgen deficiency.
Oligospermia ( low sperm count ).
Proviron is used to treat patients with lesser testosterone production, and decreased libido, as well as male infertility and aplastic anemia.
Side effects: PROVIRON 25MG X 50.
symptoms of virility:-
- increased body hair growth
- voice modulation
- increased sex drive.
Androgenic side effects for women:-
- Gravelling of voice
- changes in skin texture
- clitoral enlargement.
Drug interactions: PROVIRON 25MG X 50.
Some known drug interactions with Mesterolone include:
- Anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin): Mesterolone changes the metabolism of anticoagulants which may increase or decrease their concentration in the body and may lead to increased side effects.
- Insulin and oral antidiabetic drugs:
Mesterolone increases the metabolism of glucose in the body. Thus along with insulin and other antidiabetic drugs it may lead to extreme drop in body sugar level and the user may go into anaphylactic shock.
- Corticosteroids: this combination leads to fluid retention in the body thus must be avoided in patients with heart and kidney associated problems.
- Oral contraceptives: Mesterolone decreases the efficiency of oral contraceptives thus it is important to increase the concentration of oral contraceptive pills when to be used along with mesterolone.
Contraindications: PROVIRON 25MG X 50.
Not recommended in case of hypersensitivity to the proviron, cancer of prostate gland, liver neoplasm symptoms.
Proviron is not recommended to be used by adolescents to avoid premature stoppage of growth and puberty.
Storage: PROVIRON 25MG X 50.
Store it below 30°C
Keep it away from children and pets
Protection from light is necessary
Do not refrigerate it