Table of Contents
TAMOXIFEN 20MG X 50
- This drug was introduced by Craig Jordan, Ph.D. Each tablet contains tamoxifen citrate 20 mg.
- Tamoxifen is a nonsteroidal triphenylethylene derivative with a predominant antiestrogen activity. It is an endocrine therapy used to treat transmembrane receptor-positive lobular carcinoma.
- Tamoxifen can greatly reduce the risk of cancer recurrence and invasive cancer. It is a daily oral medication that stops cancer cells from using estrogen and progesterone to grow and spread.
- Tamoxifen treats transmembrane receptor-positive (hormone-positive) ductal or lobular carcinoma. This type of breast cancer needs estrogen and/or progesterone to increase in size. It is also used to help prevent breast cancer in people over 35 who have a high risk of the disease.
- Metastatic: Metastatic breast cancer in women and men. In women who have not attained menopause yet and possess transition breast cancer, this drug is an alternative to ablation or extirpation. Patients whose tumors are estrogen receptor (alpha and beta) positive are more likely to benefit.
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS): This drug helps in reducing the risk of malignant lobular carcinoma.
- Gynaecomastia: It helps in curing conditions like enlargement of breast in males.
- Infertility issues.
- Breast cancer risk reduction.
Side effects: TAMOXIFEN 20MG X 50
- Vaginal bleeding or discharge.
- Hot flashes.
- Swelling, weight gain.
- Mood changes.
- Allergic reactions.
- Blood clot in the lungs.
- Blood clot deep in the body.
- Blurred vision.
Contraindications: TAMOXIFEN 20MG X 50
- Anticoagulant therapy, chemotherapy, stroke, thromboembolism.
- Uterine cancer, uterine hypertrophy, new primary malignancy.
- Anemia, bone marrow suppression, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Cataracts, visual disturbance, visual impairment.
- Hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipidemia, hypertriglyceridemia.
Interactions: Some products that interact with this drug are: anastrozole, “anticoagulants” (such as warfarin), estrogens, letrozole, hormonal forms of birth control (such as birth control pills, patches, implants), ribociclib. Other medications that can affect the elimination of tamoxifen from your body may affect how it works.
- St. John’s wort: It is a herbal supplement that decreases the efficiency of tamoxifen.
- Raloxifene: It is used in the treatment of osteoporosis and lobular carcinoma. It also reduces the efficiency of tamoxifen, so the use of both together must be avoided.
Storage: TAMOXIFEN 20MG X 50T
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect from light.
- Do not refrigerate.